
Since about 8:00a.m. this morning I have been working on job applications, school stuff, and studying for a midterm. All the while, Matt has been in class and is now currently in a staff meeting. I am starting to run out of things to do. Which is not good, because if I get bored I might sleep, and the ministry staff of North Star does not need to come in and see me drooling everywhere haha.
Anyways, being here in Kansas City with Matt has been absolutely wonderful. He greeted me at the airport with flowers and a long over due hug. There have been moments where Matt and I just kinda sat and stared at each other because we weren't sure if this was for real or just a dream. It's funny, when you talk to someone on the phone for so long and they are finally standing right there next to you, and the first day is like, ok....now what. haha, but seriously, Matt and I have had amazing conversations. From very serious ones to rather childish ones that no one would understand. He has taken me everywhere and I have seen just about everything there is to see. We have gone on many walks, and went out to eat a few times. But so far, I think THE BEST night yet was when he made dinner. Ravioli's and greenbeans haha. We sat at the tiny dinner table he has, made conversation and just enjoyed each others company. We then moved two chairs on the balcony, put some music on, covered up in a blanket and ate strawberrys. Yup, it was great.
I went job hunting, filled out about 7 or eight applications and had a job interview. I am really hoping to get in at this beauty supply shop though. I also met a lot of the members of the church here and they are very nice and welcoming. I know I will be comfortable here. I went to visit the lady I will be living with this summer. She is a very nice and easy going person. I felt very much at home there.
As for tonight. We will be going out to dinner for his birthday, and then having cake! woohoo. I will be leaving Thursday to go back home and see family before school starts up again. Which is bitter sweet. I miss my family, but I don't want to leave him. Maybe if I take his new mac book and will chase me all the way to PA to get it.....hmmm.....thats an idea ; )
Well, off to go find something else to occupy my time.
Peace and blessings,
Red
No comments:
Post a Comment