Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's late and I'm up.....so why not blog

A lot has happened in the past few days but especially today.... Matt and I decided to go our separate ways. It was probably the most mature and mutual break up I have ever been through. As I initiated the conversation I felt myself beginning to back out and not go through with what needed to happen. But God was there. And luckily Matt had been feeling a lot of the same way. I really felt the Lords presence and the Holy Spirit guiding out conversation. It left us feeling at peace and able to go on with our lives without feeling terribly distraught. Yes it was rather disappointing that it didn't work out, but hey, we gave it a shot. And I knew a month ago that although Matt was the main motivator for moving here, he wasn't the only reason. Although we did not bring out the best in each other, I believe that we both learned a lot. I can say for me that I really learned what it means to take a risk in the center of Gods will. And how necessary it is. I mean really, being a Christian is a risk in itself. But that is where faith comes in. I had faith and trusted in the Lord that he would guide me to where he wanted me to go and show me what he needed me to see.

And now in the early stages of adulthood I have discovered that you never stop maturing. I have a lot to learn, but I used to think that someday I would reach the age of 30, and reach THE maturity level required for living. But I now see that that is terribly wrong. Because we never stop learning, never. And with the learning process comes a new level of maturity.

So now what? A new adventure? Everyday is a new adventure. I am going to set out to find a new church here, register for school and make new friends. I'm excited. Because for once, it's just me and God, no other man in my life but my daddy. (matt please don't take offense to that statement.) It's not all going to be sunshine and rainbows, but that's okay, I don't mind a challenge ;)

Tomorrow is a new day.


As always, much peace and many blessings
Red:)

No comments: