I could sit here and tell you about my random weekend of trips to starbucks, playing new games, caring about football for about five minutes and then of course church, but I won't. Instead I am going to be straight up, straight forward about what is really going on in my heart right now.
"My Soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He along is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
"Oh God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will left up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced." psalm 63: 11
Both of those passages, word for word describe where I'm at. In fact I find myself waking up in the morning sometimes irritated if something other than my Lord and Saviour occupies my mind. Don't get me wrong, some day God will put that special man of God in my life that I am suppose to share my life with and that person may occupy my mind for a fair portion of my days I'm sure. Note it is not only people that may occupy my thoughts, it could be situations, events or other such things, worldly things. But I have never been with anyone who lifts me up spiritually. The things that have ever taken the place of God in my mind are never good and always of the world. So the thought of that happening scares me to death. I suppose I am content. (which btw is normally when it is time to step out of my comfort zone for the Lord). And being used to people messing that up, and being blind sided until after the damage is done causes me to be guarded. I suppose that isn't necessarily a bad thing though.
All in all I am just taking everything in one day at a time, being open to all that God has in store for me. I am excited for this year with the teens though. I am already building amazing relationships with them and they continue to grow every time I am with them.
Well, that is my random self in a nut shell right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have a blog!!! You haven't posted in a LOOOONG time! I like your blog! I would read it if you posted more stuff! Post more stuff!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Verification Word is "obaya" = the other Barack... not related but often mistaken for the President-elect
Post a Comment