Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lack of Sleep with a purpose and my eyes on the Lord

Last night consisted of a lot of movie watching and discussion among my roommates and I. Nothing special or very deep, we just stayed up until about midnight talking and laughing, it was nice. We all then decided to head to bed and get some rest, except for me, I tried to sleep but it just didn't happen. I started to pray and realized, the Lord did not want me to go to sleep. I was wide awake and could not figure out why. So I just asked the Lord to guide me in what he wanted me to do with the time I was awake. So I got up, took a shower, grabbed my Bible and went downstairs. I was so worried I would wake the girls up, so I tip-toed around until I got settled into the bean bag and turned the desk lamp on next to the television. And there I sat from about 1:30a.m. until 7:45a.m. I prayed, read the Word and just sat in the presence of the Lord. I was thinking for a while that the Lord wanted me awake so I could pray for someone or something, but no, he just wanted to spend time with me. It was amazing. We discussed many things, mostly just me talking and him listening. And it's funny, I normally like to know the answers to my questions and concerns, but this time I didn't want the answers; because the Lord had blessed me with an overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility that I have never felt before. And then with tears in my eyes I just praised his name and felt as if I was curled up in God's lap and he was hugging me so tight, never wanting to let go. And this left me thinking, why in the world did I ever settle for love that wasn't anything like this?

God is so incredible. I would normally be so exhausted by this point, but I wasn't. I did not feel any bit tired until I got into bed and my head hit the pillow. The Lord is the ultimate sustainer. No pill, energy drink or other material object can sustain you like the Lord can.

As of right now, I am not tired, but I am not really awake. I feel as if the Lord is going to bless my sleep tonight and it too will be amazing.

So thats me right now.

Much Love and Peace!
Red

No comments: