Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally switched the light on...

For those who know me well, you are aware that for the most part I understand many concepts and ideas of many different topics and it isn't too often that I am in the dark. But you also know that as intelligent as I can be, I can also be really very dense. Especially the good men in my life that have seen me make stupid mistake after stupid mistake and have not really been able to do anything but just sit back and see me fall time after time, I AM SO SORRY. I realize how frustrating it must have been to watch and the many times you just wanted to shake me or smack me upside the head. Well I cannot promise you that I will never have another dense moment again, because well it is still me and as red as my hair is, I will admit that there are a few blond strands. (sorry for the stereotype). But anyway, I have finally switched the light on to this area in my life. No more wasting my time on men that do not treat me well, and straining to find the good in them so I can justify dating them.(that one was for you J)

Why this sudden switch? Well, it didn't just take one last person to treat me terribly to make me realize, but it took me being treated the way I should be treated to finally understand that there are good men out there. I finally got over the fact that I I didn't deserve a good man, because I do and I know and believe that to my core. But getting over that doubtful hurdle that there was such a creature as a good man took forever. I hadn't lost hope, but I had seriously thought that there wasn't any decent men out there and they all act like pigs, all the time and it wasn't any other way. Now that I think of it, I was so messed up in that train of thought, wow. Now I am not saying that all good and decent men are perfect, because they all have there piggish moments, but I now know what I do not have to put up with or tolerate. And even though more than half of my friends are guys, I have now learned that as much as I care for them, I am going to have to back off a bit, because if they cannot act the way they should around me, then they obviously do not care about me or respect me.

It wasn't just one person that made me realize this, it was a few. In a course of three days I was treated with the most respect and chivalry than I ever have been before by a few great men of God. And I think the thing that impressed me the most, was knowing the both of them would have treated any other women the same way, I just find that amazing. And I am not going to lie, after those three days, I cried like a baby. Not bad tears, but joyful tears. It was like God knew I needed that and allowed the time I got to spend with the both of them to fall into place. After the tears fell and I wiped my eyes, I made sure to tell each of them how much I appreciated them and why. Because men like that are so rare, and they deserve to be thanked even though they do not do it for the recognition. Unfortunately, men like this are often stomped on by those who do not appreciate them and who they are in the Lord, so I hope that my extended appreciation helped to encourage them.


I Love ya'll and hope you see how the Lord is blessing your lives!
Red ;)

2 comments:

J. said...

It has also become a practice of mine to edify others who deserve it! Good for you... good for those good guys! Sometimes good men can still be boys... but they can do that with decency and respect!

So, does this mean Ash and I can dictate who you date? SWEET! I'll meet with your dad and we can come up with some kind of tests mentally, physically, and spiritually!!!

red said...

Yes, actually to a certain extent it does mean you and Ash can somewhat dictate who I date. But the whole meeting with my dad thing.....I don't think so. He isn't hard to please as far as guys, he knows the good ones from the bad, and as long as they go out in the woods with him, and go work on the camp in Cherry Grove they are in.

But yes, by all means, keep me in line and make sure I don't go for any losers.